Monday, February 8, 2010

This past Friday night, Eric and I went to the OU versus IU hockey game. We have a friend, Kyle, who is their athletic trainer and so we got in free with his wife Callie. It has been so fun getting to know this couple. They love to laugh and are a blast to hang out with. This was actually my first hockey game, which was exciting for me, but I was told by Callie that it was a pretty boring game and that I needed to come back to one where we actually play a good team. OU beat Illinois 10 to 3. Either way, boring or not, we had a great time.

We came back to the house, ordered a couple Mazzio's pizzas and played Mad Gab. Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't laughed this hard is so long. At one point Callie and I were literally rolling on the floor. If you haven't played this game, or have never heard of it, it is SO worth trying! We found our copy at a Goodwill and have already enjoyed it so much. The premise of the game is to read the words that is written on the card and by slurring the words together, you recognize the phrase that is coded inside of the words. For example, written on one of the cards was this: "Beak Hall Size Heads Hoe." And if you say it fast enough or emphasize the right syllables, you'll hear the phrase, "Because I said so." HAHAHA! Its hilarious because you sound like you're talking in broken English and there were times we were laughing so hard we couldn't get the words out. I highly recommend Mad Gab.

Its easier to just listen sometimes to your partner say the phrase to you, rather than help them read it off the card. One of the highlights of the evening was when Eric shut his eyes, bowed his head and told Kyle, "Speak to me Kyle." We lost it.:) Here Kyle is listening to Eric trying to decipher the phrase.

No comments: