Friday, May 8, 2009

Jack Johnson is full of good ideas

Eric and I listened to Jack Johnson all through our dating years at JMU. And of course we know all the words to "Banana Pancakes". I don't know when it was during our first year of marriage that we started the tradition of making banana pancakes every Saturday morning, but 3 years later, we're still going strong. It's probably one of the biggest things I'll miss when Eric leaves.

These are not your typical bisquick pancakes though. They are a from scratch, whole wheat, flax-seed recipe from my mom, which I grew up on. And we've added something new. We both love over easy eggs, which is placed on a pancake (regular, not banana) and eaten together. It's SO delicious! Here is the recipe if you so wish to try them. I dare you.=)
Whole Wheat, Flax-Seed Banana Pancakes:
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C skim milk
2 Tablespoons of oil
2-3 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 of salt
Sliced banana
Makes 8-9 small pancakes. YUMMY!

2 comments:

Stephen and Lacey said...

Yum Yum Yum. I know I am no replacement but I want to eat these with you in July!!! I can not wait to see you!! I've been praying for you two to have amazing time together!!

Brandon and Lindsay Spurlock said...

We are making your banana pancakes RIGHT now!! 1. Because we love you guys and will do whatever you recommend, and 2. because we love pancakes!