Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No. Big. Deal

If you don't know who this guy is, then you obviously don't want the Foodnetwork Channel, which happens to be the ONLY thing I watch when I'm at the gym on the treadmill. I love it. It got me through the long days of living in Florida with no job. I had my favorite cooking shows and I never missed. This dude is Guy Fieri - the creator and host of the Foodnetwork show, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. He travels around the USA, visiting local diners and restaurants that have their own local flavor and usually finds something on the menu that they are well known for. Its a fun show to watch, because they aren't fancy restaurants that you can't ever visit. He came to Norman, Oklahoma to visit The Diner, which is located directly across the street from where I work. This morning I saw all kinds of people lined up outside of the Diner and didn't know what was up - and then there he was! It was so fun to see our little town get recognized. Guy was super friendly and easy to talk to.
He always drives up in his convertible and this time was no exception. They did about a million takes before they got one they liked.
This is the Diner that had their 15 minutes of fame. Well, actually more like a 1/2 hr cause the show lasts 30 minutes. Look out for The Diner, from Norman Oklahoma if you ever watch the show!

1 comment:

♥Miss Writer said...

WOW. Katie loves to watch the FoodNetwork. She was geeking out because a commercial of him. She'll be excited to see your blog.

Luv ya Anna,
~Kels