Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saving the world, one load of laundry at a time.

I made a clothesline!!! I'm pretty stoked about it to say the least. Which is hilarious that I'm even remotely excited or that I decided to start this method of drying clothes because as a child, I considered this to be the WORST chore in the world! I hated, no loathed, hanging clothes with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Yeah, intense. Who wants to go out in the heat and humidity, with bugs swarming around you as you try to attach articles of clothing to a rope when you could stay in your air conditioned house and throw them into a machine that does it all for you? Clearly I wasn't paying the bills. And now that I am, we are hanging clothes. Yesterday was the first load of laundry I placed on the line, with my mom and sister present to watch it happen. It was actually pretty theraputic! It was like visiting childhood, regardless that it was a horrible experience growing up. We'll see how long this lasts....

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I have always absolutely despised hanging out clothes!! But when I look back on it, I realize that my sister and I had some really good talks and laughs underneath the clothesline!