Monday, June 22, 2009

Good luck Mia Hamm

You better believe it. Soccer with pink socks. I just joined a co-ed indoor soccer league and we had our first game this past Saturday. This picture is the first time I've touched a soccer ball in almost 5 years. That's crazy. After playing for 10 years... it was definitely time to revisit the old days of sliced oranges, bruised knees and bloody noses (thats right, things can get pretty agressive) I didn't have any of my old gear, and so I went to a Play-It-Again sports and got all of it for $20! I am not a pink athletic gear kind of person at ALL - but for the sake of trying not to take the league too seriously and with my friend Michelle's voice in my head saying "Pink athletic gear is just SO fun!" I went ahead and got them. As I was juggling the ball around in the shop, one of the dudes that worked there walked past and said, "Reliving the glory days huh?" I was like "Dang it! That obvious huh?" And then as I was checking out, he was like, "Well, good luck Mia Hamm." HAHA... totally felt like a teenager then. We tied 7-7 and it was fun even though I am completely out of shape and totally sore 2 days later. Gotta start running again....

1 comment:

kaely said...

yay! i'm proud of you for getting out there and doing something new! or old.... but have fun!