Friday, August 7, 2009

Breath of fresh air

So its been like two weeks since I've posted last. But thats cause MY TWO BEST FRIENDS CAME INTO TOWN!!! No big deal. Oh my goodness I can't tell you the amount of laughing, talking, consumed coffee and Braum's icecream that took place at my house. It was one of the best weekends of my life.
Sharing life with these girls, even though we are separated across the entire nation, (no joke, Cali, Oklahoma and Virginia) and even though we are been horrible at keeping in touch on a daily basis, is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. We are SO different and yet hold so many things in common. The earliest we went to bed in the 5 days they were here was probably 1:30am. We actually put on a pot of coffee every night around 10:30pm. And you're wrong if you think I'm talking about decaf.
We talked about ministry, our struggles in relationships, marriage, our daily walks with Jesus and the Gospel. It was so refreshing to my soul. We were real with one another, speaking Truth into each others lives. These girls are so apart of me. I treasure them beyond words can express.
Thank you for coming to my home and seeing my life here in OK. I have no idea where I would be without the two of you pouring into my life and speaking the Gospel into my heart. You are a gift straight from Jesus to me. I love you both with all my heart. Can't wait for next summer!!!


No comments: